The Studios de la Victorine (Victorine Studios) are a film studio in the French city of Nice. They are also known as the Nice Studios. Several small studios have also existed in the city. They were constructed in 1921 in an attempt to create a Hollywood-style studio on the French Riviera. Originally constructed in the early glasshouse style, it was soon converted into a more modern electrified design. It had seven sound stages. They worked in parallel with the other main French studios which were clustered in Paris. A key figure in the development of the Victorine was the producer Louis Nalpas.
During the Second World War, the studios took on greater importance. Following the defeat of France, half of the country was occupied by Germany including the capital at Paris. Nice was located in the southern zone of Vichy France. Many technicians and actors fled south to avoid the Nazis, and found work in productions at the Victorine. Immediately after the war, the studios resumed their subordinate role to Paris and production there was irregular.For a while (2000–2017), they were managed by a private company and were renamed “Studios Riviera” but the city decided to rebuy them on November 2017 and gave back to them their original name
- CHIMERA – Innovative cultural and creative clusters in the MED area (Stakeholder)
Thematic Areas: OPEN NETWORKED PEOPLE – INNOVATION MIXES – NEW BUSINESS MODEL
Search keywords: # chimera # stakeholders # france # technicians # open networked people # innovation mixes # new business model # creative media